Lovers’ Won-tons In Lobster - Scallop BrothFrom alisdhair 5 years ago
- 3/4 lb. of large fresh shrimp shopping list
- 3/4 lb. of crab meat (flaked small) shopping list
- 1 large bunch of scallions shopping list
- 1 tsp. of sesame oil shopping list
- 4 oz. of cream cheese shopping list
- salt, white pepper shopping list
- Large Won Ton wraps + 2 eggs shopping list
- oil and a deep fry set up shopping list
- ---BROTH--- shopping list
- 1 lb. of baby scallops shopping list
- 1 large carrot shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery shopping list
- ¾ lb. of oyster mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaf shopping list
- 4 cups of lobster stock shopping list
- 2/3 cup of a sweeter rice wine shopping list
- 3 tbls. of butter shopping list
- 2 tbls. of dark soy sauce or oyster sauce shopping list
- A bit of fresh minced garlic and ginger shopping list
- ---SAUCE--- shopping list
- 4 large plumbs shopping list
- 2 tbls. more of sesame oil shopping list
- 4 tbls. of tamari shopping list
- ½ oz. of fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 tbls. of sugar shopping list
- 1-4 tsp. of Sriracha sauce shopping list
- Half a cup of the broth above shopping list
- Half a tsp. of crushed Szechaun pepper shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE WON-TONS: Sear the shrimp well and chop it into small bits. Chop the scallions finely. Put these together into a mixing bowl along with the crab meat and gently combine them with the cream cheese. Season with the sesame oil, the salt and pepper.
- Depending on how many you will need they may be made in various sizes – You be the judge. Only make sure that they are tightly sealed with the egg and fried completely crisp.
- FOR THE BROTH: Cut the carrots and the celery en julienne and slice the mushrooms very thinly. Cut the spinach into a thin chiffonade.
- Saute the carrot, celery and the mushrooms in the butter until they are halfway cooked. Add scallops and cook them until they are halfway done. Put in the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds whereupon dash in the wine and cook the kick out it (about 30 additional secs.)
- Dump in the wine – Cook further 30 seconds then add the stock. Season with the soy or oyster sauce and cook only so long that the vegetables and scallops are done – Toss in the spinach about 45 seconds before.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Peel and de-core the plumbs. Puree the plumb flesh and mix it together with the oil, tamari, sriracha, and the broth. Chop the garlic and ginger finely and add them too along with the sugar and the crushed pepper.
- TO SERVE: Under-dress some shallow bowls with the broth and stack 2-4 of the very freshly fried wontons in the centre, depending on their size. Drizzle a little of the sauce in the broth (you shall not need much) and then swirl it around to make it pretty.
- Otherwise make up a large platter the same way and the sauce can be set off to the side.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- alisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!