Easy Baked Candied PecansFrom chinablue 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Line one baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with butter or spray with non-stick spray
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the egg white and water until frothy and slightly stiff
- In a large separate bowl, mix together sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. (I use a HUGE old stainless steel bowl for this)
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly.
- Turn pecans into the large bowl and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated.
- Spread the nuts evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Fold the corners of the foil in gently and 'pop' the pecans loose. I sort of whack them gently with the handle of a silicone spatula to break them up since they seem to stick together no matter how often I stir them! Cool before storing in airtight containers. (but they taste great warm!)
- You can try your hand at all KINDS of spice combinations for these easy treats. Be brave! Apple pie spices, pumpkin pie spices...the possibilities are endless! If you'd like something more savory, try a Cajun Spice type (which we love!) cut the sugar to 1/2 cup, add a few tablespoons of coarse salt, try some worchestershire instead of the vanilla with perhaps a drop or two of your favorite hot sauce (we use Louisiana brand), and try some prepared Cajun seasoning in place of the cinnamon and nutmeg. ( I love the Weber's grill brand of New Orleans spices) Just mix your dry ingredients and taste them before you toss in the nuts. You'll be pleasantly surprised!
The Cookchinablue 24747, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!