Healthy & Hearty Lentil SoupFrom enewsome2 4 years ago
- 1 cup dried lentils shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, diced shopping list
- 1 medium potato, diced shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock plus 3 cups water shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter (or olive oil...but I prefer the butter taste for this recipe.) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, mix lentils, celery, potato, stock & water, salt & pepper, thyme, and cayenne. Bring to boil. Once pot is boiling, bring down to simmer. Simmer for 30 mins, or until lentils are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic for about 5 min in butter in separate pan, or until onion is translucent.
- Once lentils are cooked, add in onions and garlic, bring to heat. Enjoy. (Best served with good crusty bread and parmesan!)