Green Beans With Onions, Pancetta And Fresh TomatoFrom sosousme 2 years ago
- 1 pound green beans (I used a combo of green and purple beans) trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta, (if you don't have pancetta, you can use bacon) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 4 whole tomatoes, peeled and diced (you don't have to peel them, but I like them better without the peel. If they are especially seedy, go ahead and remove the seeds otherwise, I would just leave them in. Also, I peel my tomatoes by holding ad turning them, on a long fork, over an open flame until they pop, peel with a knife, the peel comes right off) shopping list
- Large pinch dried Italian herbs shopping list
- Pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; add the pancetta and oil, saute until the pancetta is just beginning to brown. Add the onion and saute until just soft, then add the diced tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are hot and tender. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, steam or cook the beans in hot water until just crisp tender. Add to the tomato mixture and stir to combine. When ready to serve, heat. Serve hot.
- Per Serving: 103 Calories; 5g Fat (1g Sat, 3g Mono, 1g Poly); 6g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 659mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!