Cupid And Psyche - Raspberry Millefeuille With Lemon Lavender Ice CreamFrom alisdhair 4 years ago
- ---CUPID--- shopping list
- 12 medium sized squares of premade puff pastry shopping list
- 3 cups of fresh raspberries shopping list
- 2 cups of raspberry preserves shopping list
- 2 cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup + of powdered sugar shopping list
- ---PSYCHE--- shopping list
- 2 ½ cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup of lavender honey shopping list
- Half a cup of lavender flowers shopping list
- The juice of 3 lemons shopping list
How to make it
- FOR CUPID: For the four servings, take 3 the puff pastry and trim them to three circles the preceding ones being smaller than the first (just to check the math you should have four sets of three circles)
- Poke all them about with a fork and bake them until they are crisp. Remove and set allow them to cool. Beat the cream to a high degree of stiffness and sweeten it with a cup of the icing sugar and into a piping bag with it.
- Spread a layer of the preserves evenly and completely all over one side of each circle. With that side facing up, pipe several plushes of the whipped cream all over. Take the raspberries and intersperse them between the cream plops.
- Carefully stack the three layers of pastry on top of each other, each with the filled side facing upwards. So, the very top layer should be extra especially nice looking. Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh mint.
- FOR PSYCHE: Put the cream into a saucepan and bring it to a boil for all but a second and then reduce the temp. Put in the honey and the re-hydrated lavender flowers in it to infuse it with said flavour. Let it steep for about 45 minutes. Reheat it just below a boil. Strain it well.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk in about half the cream. Pour this back into the rest of the cream and cook more over a VERY LOW heat until it thickly coats the spoon. Strain it again and refrigerate it for 4-5 hours.
- Finally place this into an ice-cream maker and freeze until it is as ice cream should be.
- Serve a good scoop of this on the plate next to Cupid, and decorated with a fresh lavender flower, mint and candied lemon peels.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- alisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!