Vietnamese Lemongrass ChickenFrom sugarmama 4 years ago
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast/thigh, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, tender inner white bulbs only, minced shopping list
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 chilies, seeded and minced shopping list
- about 2 Tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 1 scallion for garnishing shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the sugar. Add the chicken meat to coat.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the lemongrass, shallot, and chilies and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the chicken and molasses and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened. Transfer to a bowl and top with the scallion. Serve with steamed white rice.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!