Moist Yellow CakeFrom DenverPeters 3 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (do not sift the flour) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups vegetable oil depends on how moist u want it. shopping list
- 1 stick butter (not margarine), softened shopping list
- 1-tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut wax paper to fit the bottom of (3) 9 x 1 1/2-inch round pans. Spray the pans with cooking spray, place the wax paper in the pans and spray the paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Measure the 1-1/4 cups of milk in a 2 cup measuring cup….then add enough vegetable oil to bring the liquid up to 2 cups.
- Add the milk/vegetable oil mixture, butter and vanilla to the flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer on medium to medium-high speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and continue beating an additional 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center of cake comes out clean, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool cakes on wire racks for 15 minutes; remove from pans and cool
The CookDenverPeters Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!