Bread Soup (sopa De Pan)From Ecualombian 2 years ago
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (or Achiote Oil) shopping list
- 1 Tsp Annatto Seeds shopping list
- 1/4 Cup White/Yellow/red onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 Cups water shopping list
- 8 oz Fresh white cheese (Queso Fresco), cubed shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Dried or Fresh oregano shopping list
- 6 Cups milk shopping list
- 4 Slices of day old bread (I used french baguette. You can also use Cuban, Italian, White Country…etc), cut 1-2 inch thick shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. If you have Achiote Oil, skip this step. If not, In a medium-sized pot begin by heating the oil with the annatto seeds on medium high heat. Cook until the oil is orangish red. Remove the seeds and discard them.
- 2. Add in the onions and cook until translucent. Add in the water and bring up to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Then lower heat to medium and add in the milk, cheese, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir to combine. Let simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- 3. Add in the slices of bread and cover. Cook until the bread is soft. Before serving mix in the cilantro and serve immediately. If the soup is too thick for your liking add in some milk.
The CookEcualombian Whitestone, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!