Tortilla SoupFrom brandstellar 2 years ago
- 2 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 cups corn or cooked rinsed hominy (can) is great too! shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rinsed black beans (can is fine) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or use the boiled chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes or rotel shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup tortilla chips or cut up thin strips of corn tortillas and fry them up! shopping list
- 1 cup colby jack cheese or Mexican blend cheese (HEB brand) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil chicken breasts. After about 15 minutes, remove the cooked chicken breasts and shred or cube.
- While boiling chicken breast, sauté onion, jalapeño, garlic and green bell pepper with canola oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add rest of the ingredients (either can chicken broth or boiled strained boiled chicken broth) to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add shredded/cubed chicken to the pot and simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips and cheese.
The Cookbrandstellar Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!