Onion PupsFrom warsawnan 3 years ago
For the Pups
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. each of onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 oz. Fontina cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 med. onion, finely grated with food processor, with onion's juices shopping list
- 1 T. milk shopping list
- 2 lg. eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs (for dredge) shopping list
- peanut oil (for deep frying) shopping list
- Favorite dipping sauce(s) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the pups ingredients and stir well. The dough will be kind of sticky. See Photo
- Form into balls with a small cookie dough scoop, roll in panko bread crumbs to coat completely, and set on plate. Chill in fridge for 20 min.See Photo
- When all pups have been formed, deep fry at 320-degrees for 7-1/2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- I make up a lot of these and, before frying, I spread them out on a cookie sheet and freeze. When solid, after about 2 hours in the freezer, I vacuum seal them with my Food Saver and store in the freezer for late-night cravings See Photo. No need to thaw before deep frying.
The Cookwarsawnan Warsaw, IN
The Rating1 people
I grated the onion and it was yummy and crunchy...like the peanut oil (I also put the dough in the freezer for like 20 minutes before I rolled in breading)shecooks4u in Phoenix loved it