Cream Of Lentil SoupFrom Ecualombian 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Add the dried lentils in a medium size pot. Add water covering a 1/2 inch over the lentils. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Then turn heat off and discard the water. Passing it through a sieve to capture the lentils (I do this because otherwise the lentils will taste bitter and it also cleans them).
- 3. Then add water back into the the pot to finish cooking the lentils over medium heat for 15-20 minutes more, until tender.
- 4. Once lentils are tender, pour them into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- 5. Using a new pot or the same pot you were using to cook the lentils melt the butter on medium heat. Add in the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- 6. Then lower the heat before pouring the pureed lentils into the pot (I didn’t do this and the soup splatterd everywhere…) then raise heat back up to medium. If necessary add water into the pot if the lentils are too thick.
- 7. Add in the bouillon, stir and let it melt into the soup. Taste for seasonings (if too salty add water) and serve with heavy cream.
The CookEcualombian Whitestone, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!