Apple FlanFrom Ecualombian 4 years ago
How to make it
- 1. In a medium-sized pot add in the apples, water,lemon juice, and lemons. Cook covered on medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender. Once tender turn heat off, remove and discard the lemons.
- 2. Drain apples through a sieve or colander, push down with a spoon to remove excess liquids from the apples. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Have your 6 ramekins ready by spraying in PAM or buttered, set aside.
- 4. Add the sugar in a small skillet. Bring heat up to medium-high and let the sugar caramelize. Make sure not to stir it with anything, use a swirling motion of the pan to mix it together.
- 5. Once the sugar has a caramel color, evenly pour it in the bottom of the ramekins.
- 6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit
- 7. In a food processor or blender, add in the cooked apples and puree. Then add in the eggs and condensed milk, puree till smooth. Pour this mixture evenly in each ramekin.
- 8. Then add in the ramekins in a 9×13 in. baking pan. Make a bane-mare, add water in the pan half way of ramekins (not pouring any in the ramekins).
- 9. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 10. Once finish baking let the flans sit for 15-20 minutes, letting it cool. Serve either room temperature or cold. Enjoy!!
The CookEcualombian Whitestone, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!