Cajun Chicken PastaFrom enewsome2 3 years ago
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/2 lb penne pasta shopping list
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning mix, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 green bell peper, minced shopping list
- 1 white onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 roma tomatos, diced shopping list
- 1/4 c white wine shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c heavy cream shopping list
- fresh parsley, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, to taste shopping list
- parmesan cheese, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions to "al dente". Drain, and set aside.
- Put chicken in bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cajun seasoning. Mix and let rest.
- In a skillet, bring olive oil and butter to medium high heat. Add other half of cajun seasoning. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, and cook until pepper is slightly charred, and onion is translucent. Then add tomatos and cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove all veggies from pan.
- Turn to high heat and add wine and chicken broth. Cook on high for 3-5 mins, scraping the bottom to get all the yummy bits up.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and stir in cream. Continue to cook until sauce thickens a bit. Add chicken and heat for about 1-2 min. Then add veggies back in.
- Pour skillet contents into the pan with the pasta. Stir. Season with cayenne and black pepper to taste. Serve hot, topped with parsley and parmesan cheese.
The Cookenewsome2 Salt Lake City, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!