Apple And Onion Braised Cabbage With BaconFrom sosousme 2 years ago
- 3 slices thick apple wood bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 cups white cabbage, sliced about 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thinly on the vertical shopping list
- 1 sweet apple, with skin, cored and cut into a chiffonade (I used my mandoline) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper, set-aside. Remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from the pan.
- Add the olive oil; when hot, add the onion and saute until they just begin to brown on the edges; add the apples and saute for about 5 minutes or until the apples are still crisp but beginning to soften.
- Add the cabbage and toss well; toss and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cabbage is crisp tender. Add the vinegar, bacon, salt and pepper; toss well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serves 4 - 6
- Per Serving: 117 Calories; 9g Fat (2g Sat, 5g Mono, 1g Poly); 2g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 254mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!