Butter ChickenFrom sudha04 1 year ago
- 1 kilogram chicken(boneless) shopping list
- 4 tsp oil shopping list
- 2 tsp butter shopping list
- 4 cloves shopping list
- 4 cardamom shopping list
- 1 inch cinnamon shopping list
- 1 onion (pureed) shopping list
- 3 tomatoes(pureed) shopping list
- 11/2 tsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 2 pinch sugar shopping list
- 11/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 tsp plain cream shopping list
- coriander leaves for garnishing shopping list
- To Marinate the Chicken: mix chicken with 2 tsp curd, 2 pinch turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, cover it and refrigerate for 1 hour. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon at a time.
- Add onion paste to it and fry till golden brown. Now add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken now, add butter and cook it for about 10 minutes, then add tomato puree, heat it for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, garam masala, sugar, add water if the gravy is thick and heat it by covering the pan, till the chicken is cooked.
- Add salt according to taste and heat for a minute.
- Turn off the stove, Now add cream and mix well with gravy.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
- Tip: If you don't have cream, heat high fat milk(1 cup) for 15 minutes. Cool it and then add to the gravy.