Spicy Black Bean TostadaFrom mrsvegan 3 years ago
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed & drained shopping list
- 1 15 oz can vegetarian refried beans shopping list
- 1/2 16oz package frozen whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1/2 package of soy crumbles, original flavor shopping list
- 1 package store-brand taco seasoning shopping list
- corn tortillas shopping list
- vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance) shopping list
- chopped onion shopping list
- chopped tomato shopping list
- chopped lettuce shopping list
- taco sauce of choice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine black and refried beans in a large non-stick frying pan. Semi-mash black beans and add soy crumbles and taco seasoning with 1/4c water. Mix well and heat through (medium heat). Add corn and reduce temperature to simmer.
- In medium frypan melt 1 tbs of margarine. Cook tortillas one at a time, turning when tops begin to bubble and they begin to brown.
- To assemble:
- spread 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of bean mixture onto tortilla. Add onion, tomato, lettuce over top along with taco sauce.