Martha Stewart's Cream-cheese Pound CakeFrom twill10 2 years ago
- Martha Stewart's Cream-cheese Pound cake shopping list
- I like this with some lemon flavoring sometimes....TW shopping list
- For best results, bake these cakes at least a day before serving. Store, wrapped in plastic, for up to three days at room temperature, or freeze for up to three months. shopping list
- Prep Time 20 minutes shopping list
- Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes shopping list
- Yield Makes 2 shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour and salt in two additions, beating until just combined.
- Generously coat two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2- by-2 1/2-inch loaf pans (1 1/2 quarts each) with cooking spray; I immediately pour in batter (pan will seem full). Tap pans on work surface to eliminate any large air bubbles.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out almost clean, 60 to 75 minutes (if the tops begin to brown too quickly, tent with aluminum foil).
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Turn out the cakes; cool completely, with top sides up, on a wire rack.
- You can also bake the batter in a 4-quart tube or Bundt pan. Increase the cooking time by about 5 minutes.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!