Peppered Salmon With Whiskey Cream SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon white peppercorns crushed shopping list
- 2 salmon steaks, about 6 ounces each shopping list
- 1 level teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- Freshly ground sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 ounce unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whisky shopping list
- 1/4 pint double cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives plus extra to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the crushed peppercorns.
- Smear the salmon steaks all over with the mustard and then press the peppercorns into the cut sides of the salmon just enough to give it a nice thin coating.
- Season with salt.
- Heat a frying pan until hot.
- Add the butter and as soon as it starts to foam lay in the salmon steaks.
- Reduce heat to medium and fry the steaks for about 3 minutes on one side to brown them.
- Turn up the heat then flip the steaks over then splash in the whiskey.
- Boil fast until the whiskey has almost disappeared then pour in the cream.
- Carefully scraping up any bits that are sticking to the bottom of the pan around the steaks and bring to a fast bubble.
- Boil 2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken then taste and season with more black pepper if necessary and some salt.
- Stir in the chopped chives and serve immediately, garnished with the extra chives.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!