Egg Free Caesar SaladFrom keeperrox 9 years ago
- Dressing shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- several cranks freshly ground black pepper (at least 10 or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp anchovy paste shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Salad shopping list
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup pignolis (pinenuts), toasted and cooled shopping list
- 2/3 cup grated asiago cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a miniature food processor (about 2 cup size) put garlic, salt, and pepper. Process until garlic is finely chopped. 10-15 seconds or about 8 pulses.
- Add anchovy paste and dijon mustard. Process until mixture is well blended.
- Add lemon juice and pulse 2 or 3 times to blend.
- Add about 1/4 cup olive oil, and process until dressing thickens. Taste and adjust olive oil a tablespoon or two at a time, until dressing is to your liking.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MINI-PROCESSOR: Finely mince or press garlic. Combine garlic, salt, pepper, anchovy paste, dijon mustard, and lemon juice in a 2 quart bowl and whisk until well blended. In a slow stream, whisk in olive oil. Start very slowly with the first 1/4 cup. Taste frequently once dressing starts to thicken.
- TO ASSEMBLE SALAD: Toss chopped romaine, pignolis, and asiago cheese in a large salad bowl. Dress salad to your liking, being careful not to over dress, as this dressing packs a punch.
- Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator in a sealed container.