CACHUPA / From Cape Verde Islands © 2011From ChefWayneMichielReis 2 years ago
- Wayne's Famous Munchupa © 2011 shopping list
- 20-quart thick aluminum pot restaurant quality shopping list
- 3 pounds samp/ Goya hominy, Gold / Maiz Dry can be orders online shopping list
- http://goya.elsstore.com/view/category/227-central-and-south-american/ shopping list
- 2 Tbs ham Base shopping list
- 1 lb lima beans lg shopping list
- 1 lb kidney beans shopping list
- 15 quarts of water shopping list
- 2 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 celery stems chopped shopping list
- 2 bunches fresh cut kale shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 pounds of Portuguese Linguica or Chourico can be ordered online http://www.linguica.com/ shopping list
- 2 lbs beef shank kept whole shopping list
- 2 lb corned beef brisket cut in 2 inch cubs shopping list
- 2 lb corned pork spareribs cut 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 lb salt pork cut in chunks to saute's onions shopping list
- 3 lb pigs feet split shopping list
- 2 lb stew beef shopping list
- 5 to 7 lb smoked shoulder/ cook in a separate the night before till tender / save the water to add to pot the next day and meat to add topot 1/2 before done...cut in 2 inch pieces when cooled and add to munchupa 15 min before done. shopping list
- 2 ham hocks shopping list
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (potatoes or sweet potatoes could be substituted) shopping list
- 1 tablespoons Goya adobo seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 can tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp saffron powder shopping list
- 2 packets Goya Sazon shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ground bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Add water to pot. Rinse samp in colander and add to pot. Heat to boil.
- Also at this time, add the spices, garlic and onion, Beef shank and ham Hock
- Once boiling starts again, lower heat to low/medium flame and simmer for one hour.
- Meanwhile, rinse the beans and examine for stones. Now you're ready to add the lima beans and kidney beans; at this time Add the rest of the meat meats at this time…..
- Once the boiling starts, lower heat, and cook over low flame for 3 to 4 1/2 hours until sauce starts to thicken and samp is almost done..
- Once sauce starts to thicken, stir in the kale, and simmer 30 minutes more. Then add squash, and cook 15 minutes more; then shut off flame. At this time take another onion and dice to fry in a black cast iron skillet with butter until the ends are brown..when finished add to the pot…and let stand… if the squash is not soft all the way through, still turn the flame off, the squash will finish cooking as it sits in the pot.)
People Who Like This Dish 13
The CookChefWayneMichielReis Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating1 people
WOW! It was delicious with a sweetness taste.
Excellent texture with at little bit of everything without the crowdness.
Wayne Micheal Reis ...A truth Chefanthonynewb1 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!