Garlic And Parmesan Roasted Butternut SquashFrom dancingfox 5 years ago
How to make it
- Halve the squashes. This right here is the most tedious part. I often find that poking some holes into them with a knife, then tossing them into the microwave for 2-3 minutes helps, first.
- Deseed the pits (use a spoon to rid them of strings and seeds)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out some aluminum foil on a baking sheet and place the squashes on it, cut part facing upward.
- Smear some of the olive oil on top each one.
- Next, cover them with the minced garlic.
- Evenly sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Using about half the butter, plop an even sized dallop on top of each squash.
- Pop them in the oven for about an hour for medium squash, an hour and a half for large squash.
- Take them out about halfway through to plop on the rest of the butter and add a bit of olive oil to any places that might look like they're burning to much.
- Finish cooking until fork tender.
- At the very end, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and pop back in for five minutes.
- Disclaimer: The first time I made these the squash made some alarming popping sounds as it was cooking. I've come to the conclusion that this is normal, now!
- Also, the pits tend to fill up with the buttery garlic liquid. We like to use this to dip the rest of it into!
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!