Sugary Apple MuffinsFrom berry 8 years ago
- flour 2 1/4 cup shopping list
- baking powder 3 1/2 tsp shopping list
- salt 1/2 tsp. shopping list
- cinnamon 1/2 tsp. shopping list
- nutmeg 1/2 tsp. shopping list
- shortening 4 Tbsp. shopping list
- sugar 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tbsp. shopping list
- egg beaten 1 shopping list
- milk 1 Cup shopping list
- Finely chopped raw apples 1 shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Reserve 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and nutmeg and 2 tbsp of sugar for topping.
- 2. Sift dry ingredients together
- 3. Cream shortening and 1/2 cup sugar, add eggs.
- 4. Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- 5. Fold in apples. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Sprinkle with reserved sugar and spice mixture.
- 6. Bake at 425F. about 20 min. Serve hot.