Poblano Steak N' Potato SoupFrom sharebear1 3 years ago
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck tender steak, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 7 red potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 poblano peppers, broiled, peeled, de-seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 onion minced shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning (ex: McCormick Spicy Montreal Seasoning) shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted shopping list shopping list
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Fill pot with water and add potatoes. Cook until done. Drain and set a side.
- 2.Sprinkle steak seasoning over meat and press into meat. Set aside
- 3.In a dutch oven over medium heat add butter and melt, add onion and garlic. Saute until translucent for about 5 minutes. Add poblano peppers, thyme, white pepper and meat. Cook until meat is brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add beef broth and white wine, cover dutch oven and simmer over medium heat until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- 4.Slowly add milk to dutch oven, stirring, then heavy cream. Add potatoes and cheese mix together and cover for a few minutes until cheese is melted. If your soup is not thick enough you can mash some of the potatoes until you get the consistency you desire. Add salt and pepper desired. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!