Pumpkin RollFrom sas 1 year ago
- cake Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup pumpkin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- powdered sugar (needed for a towel, to keep the cake from sticking) shopping list
- cream cheese Filling Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- powdered sugar for topping shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- 3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- 4. Spray a 10 1/2" by 15" non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the cookie sheet, spread evenly.
- 5. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 6. Prepare a clean kitchen towel by sprinkling heavily with powdered sugar.
- 7. After baking, turn the cookie sheet onto the towel, the cake should slide out onto the towel. Starting at one end, roll up the cake into the towel. Cool 30-40 minutes.
- 8. For the filling, stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and butter. Mix well.
- 9. After the roll has cooled, unroll it and spread the filling evenly. Roll back up without the towel. Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until filling is firm.
- 10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!