Fish TacosFrom canesgirl1186 5 years ago
- 1/2 head of a large cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional) shopping list
- 3 scallions, sliced on the bias shopping list
- 3 tbs honey shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup white vinegar shopping list
- just under 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp mayo shopping list
- salt and cracked pepper shopping list
- 3 tbsp Old Bay, plus 3/4 tbsp set aside shopping list
- 1 - 1/2 lbs Tilapia (or any white flaky fish) shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 lime, juiced and zested shopping list
- additional 4 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 avocado, sliced shopping list
- 8 - 10 tortillas shopping list
- Optional: salsa, hot sauce, shredded cheese shopping list
How to make it
- To make the cabbage slaw:
- Combine cabbage, jalapeno, and scallions. In a separate bowl, combine honey, 1/4 cup white vinegar, the just shy 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 3/4 tbsp old bay, mayo, salt and cracked pepper (to taste). Whisk until combined and add more vinegar as you wish. Combine dressing with cabbage mixture, cover and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours. It gets better with time, so definitely make ahead.
- minimum 1 hour before cooking, slice your fish into thin strips. In an air tight container, combine garlic, lime juice and zest, vegetable oil, 3 tbsp Old Bay, and cracked black pepper. Let sit in refrigerator for minimum 1 hour prior to cooking.
- In a 350 degree oven, lay fish on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until fish is cooked thoroughly and flakes easily.
- Serve with tortillas, sliced avocados, and optional hot sauce, salsa, and/or shredded cheese.
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!