Chicken And Kale Scampi-esqueFrom chefmal 3 years ago
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, chopped into 1-1 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 1 large bunch of fresh kale, rinsed and chopped into manageable pieces shopping list
- 1/2 medium Onion, chopped, or 2 green onions, coined shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2/3 Cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 Cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Tbsp non-hydrogenated margarine, like Smart Balance or Promise shopping list
- 1 Tbsp parsley, tarragon and smoked paprika shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, add the margarine to the pan and melt it. Once melted, place the chicken cubes and onions in there and brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, spices and kale, then pour in the wine and broth. Don't worry if it looks like there's too much kale to fit, it will wilt down like spinach.
- Stir and cook this mixture for at least 15-20 minutes, until chicken is done and kale is wilted.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles, or rice noodles. This recipe also goes well when the wine, broth and spices are substituted for soy sauce, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. (Plus a few toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top) It's versitile, like a good recipe should be. This way it won't be scampi-esque, but still delicious. =)
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!