Green Beans With OreganoFrom amysf 3 years ago
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fresh oregano, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice and zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch green beans for about 4-5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Saute the onion for 5-6 minutes, or until just about transparent.
- Add the minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the fresh herbs, salt, pepper and blanched green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the beans reach the desired texture for your family.
- Remove from the heat, and add the lemon zest and juice.
- Place the beans in a serving bowl and sprinkle the feta cheese over the top. Serve hot or at room temperature.