Moroccan Chicken & RiceFrom sm8085 2 years ago
- For the Chicken: shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 3 tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- For the Rice: shopping list
- 1 cup rice shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For the chicken:
- Heat oil in a large non-skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Flip chicken over and add remaining 8 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 20-25 minutes.
- For the rice:
- Combine rice and broth in a saucepan and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat, then let simmer until rice is soft and liquid absorbed. Time will vary depending on what kind of rice you use. Once rice is cooked, stir in honey, cinnamon and pistachios.
- To serve, place a bed of rice on each plate and top with chicken. Pour sauce overtop.