Shrimp And Tomato BisqueFrom iamericap 5 years ago
- 2 sticks of butter shopping list
- 1 white onion (diced fine) shopping list
- 4 stalks celery (diced fine, discard top and bottom of stalk) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 tsps paprika shopping list
- 2.5 tsps salt shopping list
- 2 tsps Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning shopping list
- 2 tsps pepper shopping list
- 3 (14 oz) cans Hunt's Petite diced tomatoes (drained) shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 quart (or 4 cups) milk shopping list
- 1 quart (or 2 pints) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 lbs salad shrimp (cooked, deveined, shelled) shopping list
How to make it
- In a very large pot, sauté onion and celery in butter, and cook for 20 minutes or until veggies are soft and start to look slightly clear, at medium-high heat.
- Slowly stir in flour and cook 2 minutes. ***Stirring constantly!***
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings.
- Gradually add liquids, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil
- Once bisque is boiling, turn heat down to medium-low. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add shrimp and stir.
- Serve with garlic bread or crackers and enjoy!
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!