Shrimp And Tomato BisqueFrom iamericap 4 years ago
- 2 sticks of butter shopping list
- 1 white onion (diced fine) shopping list
- 4 stalks celery (diced fine, discard top and bottom of stalk) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 tsps paprika shopping list
- 2-3 tsps Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning shopping list
- 2 tsps salt shopping list
- 2 tsps pepper shopping list
- 3 (14 oz) cans Hunt's Petite diced tomatoes (drained) shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 quart (or 4 cups) milk shopping list
- 1 quart (or 2 pints) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 lbs small shrimp (cooked, deveined, shelled) shopping list
How to make it
- In a very large pot, sauté onion and celery in butter, and cook until veggies are soft and start to look slightly clear.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes. ***Stirring constantly!***
- Stir in tomatoes and seasonings.
- Gradually add liquids, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir. (If your pot isn't big enough to add the shrimp, place a handful of shrimp into a couple of bowls, and just spoon the soup over it. After taking a couple of servings out of the pot, there should be room for the rest of the shrimp in the pot.)
- Turn heat off, serve, and enjoy!
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!