Lemony Roasted BroccoliFrom amysf 5 years ago
- 1 or 2 bunches broccoli, washed and dried shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- garlic cloves, peeled and sliced (optional) shopping list
- lemon zest shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- capers (optional) shopping list
- basil, slivered (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F.
- Cut the thick bottom parts of the broccoli off and discard. Slice the remaining stem(s) into slightly more than 1/4 inch thick slices. Separate the florets into somewhat sizable chunks. Put the stems and florets in a bowl, and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Scatter the veggies on a baking sheet and place on the center rack in the oven. Roast for about 10-12 minutes, then remove sheet and stir the broccoli. Add the sliced garlic cloves at this point, if desired. Put back in the oven and roast for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is crisp-tender and some parts are nicely browned.
- Remove the broccoli and place back in the bowl. Toss in lemon zest and lemon juice to taste, Parmesan cheese, and capers and basil (if using). Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Make Ahead: This dish can be made the day before. Gently re-warm before serving.