Real Roasted Red PeppersFrom tysonsmom 3 years ago
How to make it
- Take whole red peppers and place on to foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle oil over peppers and turn to coat.
- Place in an oven on broil. Turn every so often to char all sides. When all sides are charred, take out of oven and cover with foil until cool enough to handle.
- Once peppers are cool, peel and core...trying to reserve "juice". Cut peppers into slices and place into fry pan along with juice.
- Add salt, pepper, a couple pats of butter, and garlic powder to taste. Add garlic cloves. Add enough EVOO to come halfway up peppers (important to have enough oil). Cook on medium heat until garlic is soft. Stir as needed.
- Serve as a first course to an Italian feast!!
The Cooktysonsmom Rotterdam, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!