Prawn Balchao-pickled Prawns Goan StyleFrom sm8085 2 years ago
- 21/4 cups prawns (shelled & deveined) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2 one-inch pieces of ginger (roughly chopped) shopping list
- 15-20 cloves garlic (roughly chopped) shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 12-15 whole Red chillies shopping list
- 10-12 cloves shopping list
- 2 one inch sticks of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 cup malt vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup oil shopping list
- 2 large sized onions (finely chopped) shopping list
- 4 large sized tomatoes (chopped) shopping list
- 2 tbsps sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Grind ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, whole red chillies, cloves, cinnamon and mustard seeds along with vinegar into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute the prawns till all the moisture dries up. Remove prawns and keep aside. In the same oil saute onions till they turn soft and light brown. Add chopped tomatoes and cook on high heat till it forms a thick pulp and the oil surfaces.
- Add the ground spice paste and stir-fry for two to three minutes. Add the prawns and sugar. Check seasoning and cook on low heat for five to seven minutes more or till the oil separates.
- You can have this right away but it tastes best when you leave it in the fridge for a couple of days.
- I normally have it with bread but you can have it with rice or anything that suits your fancy.