Mu Shu ChickenFrom sm8085 2 years ago
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken legs or thighs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2½ teaspoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 4 water chestnuts, fresh if possible shopping list
- 2 spring onions shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3–4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying shopping list
- 1 slice ginger, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken into thin slices. Add the soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sugar, and cornstarch, adding the cornstarch last. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- If using fresh water chestnuts, peel and cut in half. If using canned, rinse with warm water, drain well, and cut in half.
- Cut the spring onions into 1-inch pieces on the diagonal.
- Combine the water, dark soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ½ teaspoon sugar, and sesame oil, and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs and stir in ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When oil is hot, turn up the heat and scramble the eggs. Scramble quickly and remove from the wok.
- Add 2 more tablespoons oil to the wok. When oil is hot, add the chicken and stir-fry until it changes color and is nearly cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add more oil if needed. Add the ginger and spring onions onions and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the water chestnuts. Make a well in the middle of the wok, add the sauce and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and scrambled egg. Mix through and serve hot