Apple CakeFrom doreenfish 4 years ago
- 1 c maple syrup shopping list
- 3/4 c brown rice syrup shopping list
- 1 1/2 c light tasting olive oil shopping list
- 3 lg eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 c unbleached ap flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 1/2 c peeled and chopped apples shopping list
- 1 1/4 c coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- 1/2 c raisins (optional) shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1/4 c butter shopping list
- 1/2 c maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour a 9x 13 pan.
- Mix together well the maple syrup, brown rice syrup with the olive oil. Add eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Set aside
- Mix the dry ingredients together and add the the syrup mixture. Mix well. Fold in apples nuts and raisins.
- Bake for one hour at least. Check for doneness when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While cake is baking and just about done mix your butter and maple syrup together in a little pot. Melt together on stove. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Boil , stirring constantly for 2 mins. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Once cake is done remove from oven and leave it in the pan. Poke it all over with a fork. Pour the glaze over evenly making sure to get some of that yummy stuff into all the little holes!!
- Good warm but also great the next day!! So moist!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!