Sourdough Cranberry Orange MuffinsFrom moxie2burn 2 years ago
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice shopping list
- zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 1/4 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 egg , lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 t. real vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup oatmeal shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup sourdough starter shopping list
- 1 cup cranberries (cut big berries in half) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together orange juice, zest, buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, sugar, soda and cinnamon.
- Lightly mix sourdough into wet ingredients (important: over mixing sourdough makes the finished product gummy) then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in berries. Spoon evenly into paper lined muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full. Bake at 375 for 20 to 30 minutes, or until muffins test done. Remove immediately from the tin onto a cooling rack. Make 16 standard size muffins.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Not added to any groups yet!