Lentil And Mushroom SoupFrom midgelet 1 year ago
- 1 pkg brown lentils rinsed and drained ( optional: soak in water to soften for quicker stove top cooking ) shopping list
- 1 med onion fine diced shopping list
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 box of white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 6-8 cups of chicken, vegetable, mushroom stock or water for desired consistency shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place the lentils, onions, garlic, bay leaf, mushrooms and liquid in the vessel of choice ( stove top pot, slow cooker or pressure cooker ) and cook until lentils are softened and tender.
- Remove bay leaf
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste.