German Honey Wheat BreadFrom espressomagik 2 years ago
- 3/4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees) shopping list
- 1 envelope active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm milk (100 to 110 degrees) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1/4 cup warm water in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissovled. Add remaining water, warm milk, honey oil, salt, and 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour; blend well. Add cocoa powder to wheat flour. Stir in whole wheat flour and enough remaining all purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface; roll dough into a round ball. Place on greased pan until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until done. Bread is done when you hear a hollow sound when lightly tapped.
The Cookespressomagik Cherokee Village, Arkansas
- Not added to any groups yet!