Charleston Cheese DipFrom twill10 3 years ago
- Recipe: Charleston cheese Dip shopping list
- ©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish shopping list
- Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 20 min | Yield: About 4 to 6 servings shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of cajun seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama) shopping list
- 1 green onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pickled jalapeno shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack or swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cooked crumbled bacon (like Hormel Original Real Crumbled bacon) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese and Cajun seasoning, until well blended. Reserve a pinch of green onion for garnish. Add the jalapeno, remaining green onion and the Cheddar and Swiss cheeses and blend together. Transfer the mixture to a buttered standard glass pie plate or a small oblong shallow baking dish.
- Toss panko bread crumbs in the melted butter with a fork and sprinkle over the top of the dip. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden brown. Remove and sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top and garnish with the reserved green onion.
- Serve immediately with crackers, chips, or vegetables.
- Source: http://deepsouthdish.com
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!