Turkish Chicken With Rice, Tomatoes, Peppers, And TarragonFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 3 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 whole chicken cut in pieces shopping list
- 2 red or green bell peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine shopping list
- 3 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 3 8-oz. chicken stock shopping list
- 2 c. short-grain rice, rinsed and drained shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauté onions until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer onions to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- Push chicken to one side of pan and add bell peppers, jalapenos, and tarragon. Sauté for a minute or so.
- Add tomatoes, browned onions, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine sauce with chicken pieces. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, heat chicken stock. Transfer chicken to a clean plate and set aside. (Leave tomato mixture in skillet.)
- Add rice to tomato mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Add warmed chicken stock to tomato and rice mixture. Raise heat to high and boil for 1 minute.
- Add remaining chicken pieces to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir and serve hot.