Rich Egg BreadFrom elgourmand 2 years ago
How to make it
- By Hand or with Food Processor
- 1. Dissolve yeast in a little of the milk, warmed a bit, with a pinch of the sugar until it blooms, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, Put all of the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix together well.
- 3. Add the milk, eggs, butter & proofed yeast and mix until a nice ball is formed.
- 4. Kneed this, by hand or machine until it’s smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Put the ball in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and let it rise until double in size. This takes about 30 minutes, depending on temp.
- 6. Punch it down & kneed a few more times.
- 7. Roll it out, roll it up, pinch off the ends and fold under.
- 8. Put it in the bread pan and bake at 350o F (175o C) for 25 – 30 minutes.
- 9. Place it on a rack to cool.
- In a Bread Machine
- I. Place all of the ingredients in the bread machine in the order called for in the manufactures instructions.
- II. Turn on the bread machine.
- III. Key in the instructions.
- IV. Place on a rack to cool.
- In either case, you can brush egg white on the crust for a glazed look or a bit of olive oil for a soft crust.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
- Not added to any groups yet!