Bread And Butter PuddingFrom sm8085 1 year ago
- 4 croissants, sliced shopping list
- butter shopping list
- apricot jam (jelly) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raisins shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 100g/3½oz/½ cup sugar shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 500ml/17 fl oz/2 cups warm milk shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the croissants into diagonal slices and spread butter and jam on each slice. Layer them in a lightly greased baking dish and sprinkle each layer with raisins.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla together in a bowl and then pour the warm milk
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and then pour it over the croissants and allow it to stand for at least 1 hour before cooking
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas mark 4 while the pudding is standing and bake for about 30–45 minutes.