Moroccan Chicken With Tomatoes And HoneyFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless chicken shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes, shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (or saffron) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon harissa (I used thai chili garlic sauce coz I cudn’t find it) shopping list
- 1 cup blanched almonds, chopped and pan toasted shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and brown on each side. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until the onion has softened. Add the tomatoes, ginger, cinnamon,turmeric, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for one hour. Remove cover and cook, until the tomatoes have begun to break down and most of the tomato juice has evaporated. Stir in the honey and the Thai chili garlic sauce and cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat, put chicken on a serving plate and sprinkle with the blanched almonds and toasted sesame seeds.