Buttermilk Cookies With Chocolate Buttercream FrostingFrom circlemoon8 3 years ago
- buttermilk COOKIES: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- chocolate butterCREAM FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 TBS milk shopping list
How to make it
- For the cookies: in a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost the cooled cookies. Top with chopped nuts if desired.
- Try mixing in some Nutella with the frosting to make a yummy hazelnut frosting
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
The Rating1 people
Has a biscuit like texture with good flavor. Like the frosting.
See Buttermilk Cookies With Chocolate Buttercream Fro...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!