Irish Honey Pot RoastFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4- to 5-pound pot roast, 7-blade, rump or top round shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup Irish ale or apple cider shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 2 cups chopped carrots shopping list
- 2 cups chopped potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups chopped parsnips shopping list
- 2 cups chopped leeks shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge roast in flour mixture, coating all sides. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add roast and sear on all sides until well-browned. Then sear and brown top and bottom of roast, about 4 to 5 minutes each. Add broth, honey, ale, garlic and thyme. Cover and roast in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables. Cover and cook for an additional hour, or until meat is fork tender. Remove meat and vegetables to platter. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add cold water to reserved flour mixture; whisk into juices in Dutch oven pan. Place Dutch oven over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until gravy is thickened. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yields 8 to 10 servings.
- NOTE: If desired, you may cook the roast in a slow cooker. Follow directions above through browning of pot roast. Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker and place meat on top, cutting as necessary to fit. Add remaining ingredients, except water. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. Prepare gravy as above.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!