Shrimp In Coconut Curry SauceFrom hollyeats 5 years ago
- 2 TBS coconut oil shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper shopping list
- 3 green onions/scallions shopping list
- 2 TBS (or more to taste) prepared curry powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 chicken broth cube (Knorr) shopping list
- 1 TBS dried coriander leaves (or fresh if you have it) shopping list
- dried red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
- 2 TBS cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 lb. whole raw cleaned shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the peeled garlic into very thin slices.
- Slice red bell pepper in quarters and then into thin strips.
- Slice green onions on a diagonal about 1/4-inch wide.
- Heat oil and fry garlic slices just until slightly soft-- don't let them brown!
- Add the rest of the veg and stir-fry about 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add curry powder, ginger and garlic salt and stir until all is well coated.
- Pour in the hot water, bring to a boil, add chicken cube and stir until dissolved.
- Add the coriander and grind in red pepper flakes to taste for either mild or hotter flavor. (I use about 1/2 tsp for a slow burn)
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Stir together the coconut milk and the cornstarch. Add slowly to the mixture, stirring, and stir until mixture thickens.
- Add shrimp and cook just until they turn pink-- no more than 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over hot Basmati rice.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!