Chocolate Pot De CremeFrom sm8085 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add the chocolate to a large heatproof bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a slow simmer over low heat, then pour over the chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and salt together until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then whisk in the warm chocolate and cream mixture. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the chocolate custard through a sieve and divide equally among four 5-ounce ramekins/ coffee cups. Place the custards into a baking pan just large enough to hold them and carefully add enough hot water to cover them about halfway. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the custards in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the custards are set but still a little wobbly.
- Chill completely and top each with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.