Chinese Beef And BroccoliFrom canesgirl1186 4 years ago
- 1 lb skirt steak or flank steak (as thin as you can cut it) shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- For the Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tbsp water (or chicken broth) shopping list
- 5 tbsp oyster suace shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp corn starch shopping list
- For the beef and broccoli: shopping list
- 5 -6 garlic cloves...put through a garlic press shopping list
- 1 in fresh ginger grated, about 2 - 3 tbsp shopping list
- 1 tsp peanut or vegetable oil (I used veggie oil) shopping list
- 2 large heads of fresh broccoli (stems removed, florets separated) shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 medium scallions, sliced into 1 - 2 inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- About 20 minutes, but no longer than 1 hour before, slice the beef and add about 2 tbsp soy sauce. Let marinate in the refrigerator. Additionally, whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until after beef and broccoli cook.
- In a large skillet (you may have to divide the beef and do it in two separate batches) add peanut or veggie oil and brown beef. Do not cook all the way through, just until the outside of all pieces are browned. Remove from pan, and repeat if needed. This will take roughly 3 - 5minutes, depending on the thickness of your beef.
- Remove all oil from pan, wipe clean, and add a new layer of vegetable oil. Add ginger and garlic and sautee quickly for about a minute or two, until fragrant. Add broccoli to the pan and sautee until the garlic and ginger have mixed throughout the broccoli. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes (if using) and add water. Cover and let broccoli steam for about 5 - 7 minutes. Replace beef, add the sauce and mix to ensure all ingredients are covered by the sauce. Let the sauce heat throughout and top with scallions. Let the entire mixture steam/sautee for another 6 - 8 minutes, until all broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- I can pretty much promise that you will never order in Chinese again!
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!