Sourdough Monkey Bread - DeluxeFrom moxie2burn 4 years ago
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 batch Easy Sourdough biscuits dough (see my recipes on this site), rolled into 20 balls of uniform size shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix granulated sugar, cinnamon and cream cheese together in a small bowl; set aside. Flatten out one piece of biscuit dough and place a small spoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center. Wrap edges of the dough around the cream cheese mixture, sealing to make a pouch. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Melt butter and brown sugar together on the stove or in the microwave, stirring until well combined in a smooth mixture, adding vanilla extract last. Sprinkle nuts (if desired) in bottom of nonstick coffee cake pan. Arrange biscuit pouches in pan; they will overlap. Pour brown sugar mixture over pouches. Bake 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan, and invert onto a serving plate.
- *to make an unstuffed version of this recipe, simply omit the filling, following directions for nuts and dough placement, but add 2 tsp of ground cinnamon to the butter and brown sugar mixture, incorporating thoroughly, before pouring over the dough balls.
- Sourdough Monkey Bread recipe Copyright © 2011 by Trysha Mapley. Contact the author to obtain permission for republication.