Black Lentils SoupFrom monik 4 years ago
- 1 cup of black lentils (over night soaked ) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- salt n pepper as per taste shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- water as much needed for the soup shopping list
- Extra ingredients if u like the twist or else u can just follow the original recipe shopping list
- 1 whole red chilly shopping list
- few juliennes of ginger shopping list
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (opt) or parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Soak a cup of black lentils with one n a half cup of water over night
- Next day pressure cook for 5-6 mins the soak lentils with the same water including garlic ... if u dont have pressure cooker just boil the lentils with garlic until soft n start becoming puree ...this will take 15-17 mins on medium heat...
- Then slowly add olive oil ( here u can add more or less olive oil as per ur taste) add bay leaves salt pepper n oregano ...add water as per need boil for another 10 min on slow flame stirring occasionally . Now this is the original recipe if u like u can further add ginger juliennes n one whole red chilly....
- Granish with fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- Serve with some carrot salad ( pls refer to my recipe for carrot salad if u like) n some fresh bread n feta cheese :-)
- Enjoy !!!!!!!
- Generally here in greece with the original recipe as mentioned above this soup is served with some vinegar ... its totally upto u !!!!!
- Your Ratings / comments/ questions are most welcome pls do write or comment !!!!!!!
- Tip : Donot boil any kind of lentils with salt as lenitls looses the vitamins add salt at the end or after boiling .....
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!