Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups AP flour (I usually try to add some WW flour when I bake) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 1/2 sticks butter (1 1/4 cups), softened shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temp shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips shopping list
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips (I used ghirardelli for all) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a separate, large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in portions, mixing to incorporate as you go. (I did this part with a wooden spoon instead of the mixer.)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop heaping tablespoons full of dough onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Place in middle rack of oven and bake until the cookies are golden around the edges but soft in the middle, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes on sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely - but you'll probably want to sneak one right away, just be careful b/c the melty chocolate can be hot :-)
- I baked a few the first day and left the dough in my fridge baking some for several days. Dough may also be frozen. I'd probably freeze them already portioned out - first freezing on lined baking sheet then transferred to a freezer bag.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!